How To Get A Copy Of Birth Certificates
To get a copy of birth certificates, you can write to:-
US Department of State
Passport Correspondence Branch, Overseas Birth
1111 19th Street NW Suite 510
Washington, DC 20522-1705 Contact Number (202)955-0307
Few things that you will need to mention in the letter:-
- Make a short letter, straight to the point, remember, it is not an essay.
- Make one or at most two request per letter. You don't want to confuse the officers.
- No handwritting, please type using typewritter or computer printer.
- Provide a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) along with your letter. It will be used to post any correspondense to you.
- Allow some times with the process of getting a copy of birth certificates. The process is done with limited personnel resources which alot of paper work involved.
- A MUST to include these personal details:-
- Date you make the request.
- Requestee (Person who searched for) Details:
- Name in full (all caital).
- Place of birth (As detailed as possible).
- Mother's maiden name.
- Father's name.
- Relationship to requestor.
- The perpose this copy of birth certificate is needed for.
- Requestor Details:
- Driver License Number and issuing state.
- Allow some time for the processing of the search.